We are looking for a skilled Welder to cut and join metals and other materials at our facilities or construction sites. You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. Your job is important as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure.
A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
• Proven experience as welder
• Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
• Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
• Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
• Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
• Deftness and attention to detail
• Proficient in English
• Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required
• Professional Certification (CWB), Aerial Work Platform, Fall Protection etc.
• Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
• Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
• Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
• Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
• Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
• Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
• Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
• Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
• Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
• Reading blueprints and drawings and taking measurements to plan layout and procedures
• Determining the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
• Setting up components for welding according to specifications
3216 3 Ave S