Come join our busy Team! We are seeking an permanent full-time Journeyman or Apprentice Crane Operator. This position will work closely with our Operations Manager, Crane & Rigging Supervisor and most importantly our Clients to ensure that all work is completed safely and efficiently while adhering to company as well as client policies and procedures at all times.
Responsibilities and duties:
· Perform pre and post trip inspections
· Drive cranes to and from job site
· Put on tire chains when required
· Rig up and rig down cranes
· Calculate crane capacities, determine load weights
· Operate cranes to lift, move positions and place equipment and materials
· Fasten down, secure crane counterweight and rigging
· Load and offload crane counterweight and rigging
· Assemble and dismantle rigging
· Ensure rigging and jobsite are kept organized and clean
· Complete daily paperwork i.e. work orders, log book, timesheets etc.
· Attend and participate in Safety/Hazard Assessment meetings
· Perform routine maintenance, lubricate and clean equipment daily
· Mentor and train apprentice crane operators
Skills and Abilities:
· Mechanical aptitude
· Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
· Demonstrate exceptional customer service
· Highly flexible and willing to work long hours
· Capable to work in remote locations
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· No fear of heights and physically fit
In addition to working in a supportive and positive work environment, Gilmar Crane employees receive:
· Work Safety. We are committed to providing a safe workplace for our employees.
· Upgrading and Continuing Education. We offer career and learning development opportunities and a tuition re-imbursement program.
· Opportunity for growth and advancement.
· Excellent Income. Overtime after 8 hours and on weekends.
Interested applicants please reply to this ad or forward resume by e-mail,
We would like to thank all those who apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.